I've been making changes in my thought processes and actions to ensure for a sustainable weight loss by not counting calories, by not weighing myself, not denying myself of favourite foods etc(i.e. not being too restrictive or military-like), but now I need to do a two-week bootcamp. Why the sudden change? Because my hubby is arriving in two weeks! He finally got a visa to come to Canada. Yay! But it is yikes for me due to my bulging body, including my bulging tummy(not pregnant). It has been a long time since him and I were in the same geographical location, and I do not want to loathe my body like I did the last time I visited him. Extra body weight is a big intimacy killer, and I definitely want to be intimate with hubby, and vice versa.
So, I will be doing 1,000 ab crunches a day, interspaced throught out the day, eliminating fried food, junk food and my beloved pink lemonade, and watching my portion sizes, or rather trying to watch my portion sizes. Success at weight loss boot camps is near impossible if we don't acknowledge the pain of what we are going to have to give up; our favourite fast foods, drastically changing our eating habits and exercise habits etc. Likewise we have to find an advantage or advantages that out-weigh the disadvantages of losing weight(either in bootcamps or more sustainably), or we won't succeed. For me, the advantage was intimacy. I treasure intimacy more than I treasure my beloved food. What are your advantages?
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment