Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Started...

Came back from my walk-run-jog. Had a bit of a rocky start. Went to bed relatively early around 12:30 a.m, but did not actually sleep until an hour or so later. Anyways, my body really must have needed the jog. I got up around 8:00 a.m, more than 30 minutes before my alarm was supposed to sound. Toasted a bagel and added some peanut butter, brushed my teeth and put some sunscreen on in preparation for my jog about an hour later. I figure if I don't get hit by a bus, or get involved in some other accident, it will be colon cancer, or perhaps skin cancer that will do me in.

As I got ready to head out, I proceeded to snap my little jogging pack which carries my keys around my waist. Rude awakening- it does not fit my waist anymore. Luckily, I had another jogging pack, a cheap one as a give-away from a local TV station in Ottawa, and that one has much more belt width to it.

I had a good walk-run-jog. I feel a sense of accomplishment and my legs, and surprisingly, my abs, feel stronger. I feel relaxed, happy, less bothered by trouble neighbours, and ready to take on the world. By the way, on a Montreal radio station today, this was breaking news: an 83 year old man was one of the murder suspects in the death of a 70 year old man in the Hochelaga-Maissoneuve district of Montreal. The other suspect was a 60 year old man. They were all neighbours, and a heated argument had broken out. Wow! Wish we could all live in peace. I've had my share of neighbour woes and wars living in Montreal. Here's hoping for a better world.

xoxo,
Fat dietitian-to-be

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chichi,
    I was reading your blog and realizing that you have been through tough times, yet, you have the positive-mentality. Your posts have been heart-touching and very motivating! I hope, wish and pray that you will succeed with your goals.
    Will support you emotionally and spiritually!! =) Keep it up! Perseverance leads to success!

    Debbie-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Thank you so much for your compliments and encouragement. I hope I can use my experiences to help others who are going through struggles, whatever they may be.

    Yes, it has been extremely hard the past few years. Never in a million years would I have imagined that my mom, who was my last surviving parent would have died so soon. It was a complete shock, and shook my very foundations, so I need to build new ones. I have been dealt with many lemons in my short life, so the best I can do is make lots of yummy lemonade...lol.

    ReplyDelete