As part of my dietetics program, I have to take a course called Nutritional Assessment. I was kind of enjoying the first lecture yesterday until we got to the Body Assessment lab section that we need to perform on each other next Wednesday. We will be measuring mainly body fat. As it is our first time doing this, our prof mentions that it is easier for novice practitioners-to-be to get accurate measurements with normal weight versus overweight individuals. To my fellow team mates: I apologize in advance for the inaccurate measurements you will get :(
I began zoning out as she described the different skinfold aka "body fat" measurements that will have to be taken- axilla and chest, subscapula, abdominal, suprailiac, thigh "eek!", calf, triceps, biceps ... I never knew that there were so many areas where body fat was measured! Aren't two or three enough?
Also, we need to wear a pair of shorts for easy measurement. Horror of horrors! I need to lose some serious body fat before this lab!
Later, I chillaxed a bit. At least I figured, it is better to know the truth. But that does not make it any easier.
XOXO,
fat dietitian-to-be
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment