I planned to get up this morning to do Pilates for my sore legs(from my run,walk, jog yesterday), go to church and then get groceries on my way back home. I ended up doing none of the above. Instead, I stayed in bed till past 11 a.m.
I started having the blues because school starts tomorrow. However, I still needed to go to the grocery store because it was that time of the month and I needed to seriously stock up on feminine supplies. I decided I would get my pizza fix on the way to the grocery store.
The way there was deserted and cumbersome- It had snowed. As I trudged through it on my way in to "town", the thought of getting my two slices of pizza kept me going. Pizza eaten and Crush swallowed, my strength was renewed. At the grocery store, I tried to pick up as much "real" i.e. non-processed food as possible. However, I did buy some low-fat butter flavor popcorn and a package of Kraft Dinner for those lazy times when I want quick comfort food. At least, it's better than ordering my regular take-out: two whole small Hawaiian pizzas!
I had a good, though unintentional, arm workout on the way back home. The snowy sidewalks and snowy sidewalk curbs made pulling my store-bought cart full of groceries hard, and I ended up walking on the street part of the way. When I got back, I decided to have a package of low-fat butter flavor popcorn and some orange juice with a few drops of lemon added to it for a bit of zing. I looked at the nutrition facts on the side panel of the popcorn package: Only 2.5g of fat per half bag. Not bad! By the way, who only eats half a bag of popcorn?
XOXO,
Fat dietitian-to-be
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment